Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Thank you to the ones that left this on our porch"

I hope with all my heart the good folks who left this jar stumble across the site and read this!

(Name withheld)

38 years old, single mother with three beautiful children. Having a very rough time this year after losing my job. The dark barked at the door, when we answered it no one was there. Only the jar full of money and a book. I was scared to open it in fear I would have to add money to it and pass it on. This year I just don't have the extra cash to spare. After 30 minutes or so I began to read the book. After chapter four I realized that it was for us. I began to cry.

I had recently collected money and food for the food pantry in my small town. It was the only way I could give this Christmas. I had also refused help from a church because I knew other families needed it more than mine. But it was still going to be very hard to make it through the Holidays. Until the CJ appeared. I was able to share with my children and the people I work with how positive attitudes and giving will be rewarded. It was the most amazing feeling in the world talking about this great deed someone did for us. I have been smiling for days.

Our family has already started putting coins together for our jar for next year. This has created the best tradition ever. I can't begin to explain how happy and lucky I feel about this. Thank you to the ones that left this on our porch.

PS: You would NOT believe the number of people I have shared my story with. The crazy part is their responses. I have been running around here in my office for 4 months telling these guys that we have to be positive, give what we can, and be happy for what we have. They are finally getting it now that I have proof. You can't begin to understand the life I used to have to what I have now. I was very well off for being uneducated and a single mom. Worked my way from the bottom to the top in a man's world, the wood industry. I lost it all, every dime I had saved and 12 years of my life down the drain when I lost my job the first time. I now work for a 1/4 of what I was making and still have the bills of my old salary. Not sure if we are going to make it. My house will be up for foreclosure on the 15th of January. Some way, some how I will get it stopped. I am determined to beat this and that CJ made me believe I can do it.

Thank you for writing that story, thank you for giving someone the idea
to help me. Words can not explain how happy I am and how much hope you
really have given me. God Bless You.

No comments:

Post a Comment