Thursday, December 11, 2008

Another good soul gives a Christmas Jar

With stories like these, it's easy to see how this has become my favorite time of year. Fiction is wonderful, but real life is inspirational!

(Name withheld)

A woman who I worked with for 2 years got diagnosed with Leukemia not too long ago and she past in August of this year. It was very upsetting for me and the people around her. She left behind her 4 daughters (2 are in college, the other two in highschool). She also left behind her very loving husband. Her life insurance covered some, but her husband had to cut back the hours at his job drasticlly due to her sickness. The bills reached at least 1 million dollars or less. This will be the first Christmas without the girls' mother and without his wife. I can't imagine what it will be like this Christmas for them. So this Christmas I will be giving them the "Christmas Jar". This will be the very first time I have ever done this. I know when I give them the jar, there faces will light up and hopefully they will have some spirit left. I know I will feel so glad when I give them that jar. I know it won't be 1 million dollars, but it's some money they can use and they can use it however they wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment