Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday: A perfect day for a new Christmas Jars miracle

What a lovely problem to have, more Christmas Jar stories than days left to post them! Keep them coming, and enjoy this one from the sweetest woman in Willow Spring, NC:

(Name withheld)

Today was the day to deliver our Christmas Jars. My parents and my kids (ages 6 and 4) and I all went riding around a town about 10 minutes from where we live. This is the first jar we have ever done and given away.

We rode around looking for someone to give this to as we felt when we all saw that special family we would all immediately know that that is who the CJ receiver would be this year. We didn't find anybody and had decided to run to the local Food Lion there and get a few groceries. When we pulled up to the front we saw a group of "carolers" out front...they were wonderful at their singing and my mom and I looked at each other and we just knew that this is who needed to have the jar(mind you that they were not wanting or asking for donations). I went to our van and got the bag that had the jar and the book and brought it back...I handed the bag to my 4 year old and he gave it to the lady there. She was so happy and they all started giving us hugs and blessing us all with thanks. My kids had just given our first jar to a Christian Life center. I was so proud of my kids!

The jar though didn't contain much money this year as we only just started it in October but my family and I have said, it is not the amount that matters, it is the lesson behind the story. The ladies and gentlemen there today all had a blessing because of two wonderful thoughtful loving little boys. They are going to pass the CJ book around and I am hoping and praying that CJ tradition continues in our area!!

1 comment:

  1. Our children also love dropping change in our jar all year long. We have many bills and rare extras, so our jar does not contain a large dollar amount, but it contains an amazing amount of thoughtfulness and "giving energy" from our children, who love to add to it and even from their small allowances, they add to it weekly. We love hearing your story and all the others. We appreciate Jason sharing his talents and imagination which are blessing lives all over the world. That is the kind of book we need everywhere. Thank you to all those who share the book and the miracle.

    ReplyDelete