Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Jar Story: Paying a Christmas Jar forward

(Name withheld)

I came home from school a few days ago to find a jar of change on the cupboard. My mom told me that someone at church had left it for us. She explained the point of the jar. She loved that we had received it but felt that others could benefit from it too. So today she called my aunt and told her that she wanted to give it (anonymously) to my cousin because he lost his job and didn't even have any money to get christmas presents for his kids. She kept saying "we don't need it. We've been helped out already and now it's time to help someone else." As my mom was talking to her sister she was almost crying over the phone. This jar has truly been an amazing 'experience'.

No comments:

Post a Comment