Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Jar Story: 'She was the one'

Rochester, New York

What was it about her that made us know? She was the one. Our first recipient of our Christmas Jar. We saw her on the way to search for someone "worthy". She walked int he middle - blond curly locks moving slowly but surely - two little girls on each side - her guardians. Simply dressed - no purs- was her face sad? pensive? tired? One thing I know - it was beautiful and for one moment - uncomplicated. We handed her the book Christmas Jars,the wegman's bag with our jar of money, said "Merry Christmas" and got in our car. One of the little ones responded to our greeting with vocal awe of a child. All 3 gazed into the bag, the woman flipped through the pages of the book, her face flushed, a look of surprise turned to happy as she genuinely smiled, perhaps gratefully. I'd like to think she needed that money. I'd like to know she will use it well. She was the right person. The deep satisfaction and joy we felt tell us so. Her smile was a great gift to us!

4 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful story!!! I love this tradition!

    Michelle Wade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The pure delight of giving to someone is just so amazing! My heart is full of gratitude for those who have shared their stories, they touch me every day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having a hard time deciding how to give my Christmas Jar.

    It's nice to see that it's as easy as picking someone on the street.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house of Hogan scarpe
    is known for its casual-chic sneakers for him and also her. Once you always looking the finest shoes in town, you will definitely look for Hogan scarpe donna
    along with try it out. You ought to opt for hogan donna
    and give it a try. But Hogan scarpe uomo
    that I’m into delusion this summer season.

    ReplyDelete