Saturday, September 22, 2007

Shame on me...

That noise you just heard was me waking up this morning and taking a huge breath. What a week! I've been truly overwhelmed by the response to The Wednesday Letters. Never in a million and one years did we expect to have such a tremendous first week! We've been blessed to land at #6 on the New York Times Best Seller List and #10 on the Wall Street Journal Best Seller List. Thanks, thanks and triple thanks. We couldn't have done it without you.

I have to admit, giving out my cell phone number on Glenn Beck was one of the crazier things I've done. (And I've done some crazy things, trust me!) But the calls have been amazing. I've heard from over 500 people from all over the world. Many had the most incredible, inspirational stories to tell about how letters have played an important role in their lives. I'll be sharing some of those stories soon at www.thewednesdayletters.com

I'll relax a bit today, go to a church picnic with my family, then prepare for a talk I have to give in church tomorrow on the parable of the talents. Can't wait! (Did that sound sincere???) :)

Thanks again, friends, for your support. I'm forever grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Jason- I'm grateful to you for representing our religion well. I have not read your books myself just yet, however, I do have a lot of friends reading them and it will be my turn soon. I have many friends out here in Iowa who are not members who LOVE your book...it helps them see that we're not as weird as they thought we were...just...peculiar right? :) Your book has been a great way to start up a conversation about being LDS...you know "Hey, that book you're in love with...yeah he's LDS too"...so thanks and I can't wait to read your books. After reading is there a place to review it for you?

    ReplyDelete