Wednesday, April 9, 2008

3 days to deadline and I seriously need a massage

I've never sat still for so long in my life. My neck, back and fannie are killing me!

Yesterday was productive, but in a different way. I did a fair amount of editing and fine tuning plot elements from Part I of the novel. I wish I'd moved forward more, but it's a better book now than 24 hours ago, and that's always the goal.

This morning at breakfast I was chatting with one of the employees who'd begun to wonder why I'd been in the hotel for three days but hadn't left to sightsee, go to a meeting, etc. I briefly explained why I was there and he said, "You're an author?"

What I actually said next: "Yes."

What I should have said next: No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment