Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Another cancer-related Christmas Jars miracle

Haven't there been far too many of these over the years? Christmas Jar miracles are wonderful, but the number of our loved-ones who struggle with cancer is breathtakingly high.

God bless whomever gave this sweet woman a jar.

(Name withheld)

On Christmas Eve 2007, my daughter found a Christmas jar full of change, and the "Christmas Jars" book on her front porch in a decorated holiday bag. Her 31 year old husband of ten years had recently passed away after a valiant battle with Lymphoma, and some wonderful person left that jar at her door.

Our family was so impressed by that lovely jesture, that we all read the book, and some of us started our own Christmas jars. I delivered my jar this year to the hospital that my son-in-law went to monthly for in-patient chemo. I asked that they give it anonimously to a cancer patient of their choice in memory of my beloved son-in-law. They called me after Christmas this year to say that they gave the jar and the book to a young woman with three children who had been recently diagosed with Lymphoma. I was so happy to hear that, and I have started to pray for her successful battle. The nurse told me that the woman was very touched, and said she was going to start a Christmas jar of her own, and the nurse said that the cancer unit had started one as well. A simple jesture at Christmas 2007, has started a movement.

These jars represent acts of love and support, and represents what Christmas should be all about. Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away".

6 comments:

  1. Amen. It couldn't have been said any better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the link to my book review for Recovering Charles: http://anovelmenagerie.com/ghost/2009/01/07/book-review-recovering-charlesbook-review-recovering-charles/

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am alone and don't really have the resources to build my own Christmas Jar but I would like to contribute to one. Do you have any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. One option would be to bid on a copy of my first book on eBay. All proceeds go to a Christmas Jar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just put my bid in. This is such a great idea. More people should do this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just been blessed and Humbled to receive not 1 but 5 christmas jars on my back deck last night. It comes at a time when I/we needed it the most. We have lost everything and struggling to make it from week to week.and I Thank you christmas angel/angels from the bottom of my heart. I will be starting my own Christmas jar for someone in need next year..

    ReplyDelete