Thursday, November 26, 2009

E-mail highlights from recent Glenn Beck interview

I've received more e-mail in the last few days than I imagined possible! I'd like to share a few of the highlights:

"I just finished watching you on Glenn Beck........what a wonderful idea. My Father passed away recently and he had a jar of change he always kept in 'case of an emergency.' The jar of change has a greater purpose now.......giving to someone in need. I will start this tradition in my family in honor of my Dad. Thank you."

"My wife and I are both unemployed but we have more than enough to be part of Christmas Jar program. 24: The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: 25: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: -- Numbers 6"

"Just saw you on Glenn Beck. I hadn't heard of the Christmas Jars story until today. I lost my job November 5th. My son's birthday is December 9th. Although things in my life are not the best, they could be worse. I am starting a Christmas Jar right now. Thanks for the perspective."

"Money may be tight, due to my unemployment, but we will be doing a Christmas jar in our home this year. God Bless you."

2 comments:

  1. I just heard of the Christmas Jar when I saw you on Glenn Beck the other day. I was laid off from my job in August following surgery for breast cancer and have been unable to find a job, so far. But I have decided to do a Christmas Jar. I was a single parent for 17 years and most of those years, my daughter and I did not have a lot. But we always took several children from the Angel Trees in our local mall because I tried to teach her that no matter how bad we had it, there was always someone else who was worse off. She is grown with a child of her own now and is the wife of a minister. They work with young people and so are always helping others who are struggling. Thank you for your positive writings and I am looking forward to reading more of your work.
    Deborah
    Roanoke, VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw you on Glenn Beck's show. What a wonderful oppportunity this is for us to experience what Christmas is really about.
    Right after the show I went to my change jar I was saving for a mini-vacation. My husband and I had quite a bit saved up so I was able to fill our first "Christmas Jar".
    Today I plan on running out and buying your books.
    What is the best way to find someone to give it to??
    Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for this wonderful new Christmas tradition.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete