Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The world is full of amazing people, like this one

You may have seen this email that went out earlier today regarding my Christmas Jars survey.

Shortly after the e-mail was sent, I received this note. What a sweet reminder that the world is full of some amazing people. This is one of them. This person did all of this on their own with no help from me or my publisher. And obviously they're not done yet!



(name withheld)

"After I read the Christmas Jars Reunion advance copy I had a very unusual experience."

"I closed the computer and paced around the kitchen just kind of listening.  Had a
really weird feeling. I ignored it for days even though it was keeping me up at night and waking me up in the middle of the night.  I've never really had that experience where I thought I heard God speaking to me.  So....wasn't really sure what was happening.  I told my mom and she said, Dear, you have to listen when that happens. So I did..."

"I emailed my family and asked them to help me find 1,000 people to fill empty jars. I didn't want the jars back, I just wanted to introduce 1,000 people to the tradition and have them experience what it was like to do a jar.  Of course, it's May and we don't have much time, they thought I was crazy but agreed to help me.  I've had so much going on around here and several times decided I couldn't do it but then some other sign would show up and that voice would get a little louder and I would continue."

"Long story short, as of today, we have given away, 500 empty jars and I have all the names and locations written in a little book. Those jars are located in:

Indiana
Ohio
Arizona
Wisconsin
Illinois
Virginia
Kentucky
Texas
North Carolina
South Carolina
Massachusetts
Georgia
Missouri
Florida
New York
Michigan
California
Washington (state)
Hawaii
New Jersey
Connecticut
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania

Canada
England
Taiwan
Ukraine
Italy

Not done yet!"




1 comment:

  1. I just got tinkles up and down my spine....People are AMAZING aren't they?????

    ReplyDelete