Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Coming up for air


So the rush to my July 1 deadline continues. It's going to be very, very close. But considering the big cheese of all big cheeses at my new publisher emailed me yesterday and reminded me not to be late, I have a feeling I'll find a way to make the deadline. Even if it means checking into a hotel again.

I did, however, want to quickly mention two things before disappearing.

1. The cover for The Cross Gardener (ta da!) was approved last night. It's still mind boggling to me that decisions like this are made so far in advance. The book, still being written of course, has a cover, marketing copy, a summary, and a release date. March 2, 2010. Now that's planning!

The cover may seem a tad plain at first glance because it's always hard to envision the special effects. But my name and the title will be embossed in gold. As will the border, of course. Also, the fence in the middle will be embossed and shiny. Very cool! The sales and marketing people are all aflutter.

2. On a totally unrelated note, my wife's fledgling photography biz now has a web site. It's going live this week. Check it out!

Back I go into seclusion...

2 comments:

  1. EXCELLENT!! Hopefully we'll (Australia) will get the same release date...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really classy cover. I have a book going to press on July 3. The cover's not even final yet. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete