Sunday, April 20, 2008

Wow, who knew I loved Oklahoma?

I've just returned from another terrific Time Out for Women event, this one in Oklahoma City. What a great crowd! They were so receptive and kind. They even put up with me calling my wife, Kodi, on stage at the beginning of my presentation. She said a friendly "hello" to them as I held the mic up to the phone. They shouted back so enthusiastically, Kodi said her ears rang for an hour!

I can't say enough how much I loved meeting these incredible, inspiring women. It seemed every single one had a story to share with me of how a letter, or series of letters, impacted their lives.

On my way to the airport on Saturday we swung by the site of the Oklahoma City bombing. Yesterday was coincidentally the 13th anniversary of that tragic day. I saw people milling about, arms around one another, some with a personal connection, others with no connection other than memories from new coverage. The sights were powerful, but the spirit and resilience I felt from that amazing city will stick me longer than anything I saw with my eyes.

Sincere thanks, again, to the wonderful women who attended for making me (and the other presenters, I'm sure!) feel so welcome. Can't wait to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment